Are insomnia and depression interlinked?
Are you feeling depressed? Unable to sleep even? Don’t worry, you are not alone, both insomnia and depression are the most common complaints reported by a number of people. Nearly 15% of people do have chronic insomnia and are likely to suffer occasional bouts of depression. Often, insomnia and depression are related. 15% of people who have depression are likely to sleep too much, whereas, 80% are likely to find it difficult to fall asleep. When depression and wakefulness hit you, simply order Zopiclone online and get rid of the depression and insomnia. Insomnia is not just a symptom of depression, but at times both this disorder overlaps each other.
How can insomnia trigger depression in the human body?
Due to chronic sleep loss, the pleasure of life is lost and this is a hallmark of depression. People when becoming unable to sleep, often become anxious about sleeping and this anxiety is the reason behind having depression. If a person does have insomnia and also suffers from depression, then the chances of having recurring depression increases
How can the treatment used for insomnia help you get depression treated?
As per the studies, it was concluded that the people who were suffering from insomnia and depression were provided with the treatment for insomnia. Out of 56 people, half of them got the depression eased, without even seeking the targeted treatment.
Tips that can help you deal with insomnia as well as depression
- If you opt to seek medical assistance then you are likely to have a number of meds. Rather than trying out a list of medicaments, do try some of the natural remedies which can help you deal with both the disorders at a time.
- Meditation, reading books and listening to soft music before going to bed can help to increase the relaxation process. This helps to focus on your thoughts and pleasant topics.
- Ensure that you have a clear mind and if not, then do write down your thoughts that need to be completed the next day. Ensure your mind that you would be thinking about these topics the next day.
- Regularly exercise so that it can help to relieve stress. Daily exercise, stretching and other exercises help the patient to get proper sleep.
- While its bedtime, ensure that you do not look at the bright screen. The use of laptops, mobile phones, the TV should be avoided. The light that is being emitted from this brighten screen suppresses the release of the hormones known as melatonin, which signals the brain to go sleep. Hence, one needs to avoid constantly staring or looking at the screens.
- Due to a hectic life, women are likely to have racing thoughts, worries and hence practicing relaxation therapies such as yoga and deep abdominal breathing can help you initiate sleep.
- To avoid the consumption of caffeine, alcohol or nicotine during the evening. Check the ingredients that you do use as some of the meds that are used for headache do contain caffeine and affects your sleep.
- Don’t lie in bed, turning and tossing. Get out of the bed and do some light activities in another room and when you do feel sleepy, you can lie down again.
- Use the bed only for sleeping purposes and not for other purposes. Performing other activities in bed, other than sleep and sex can disturb the relationship of sleep.
- Have a warm shower before you go to bed as this helps to increase the deep sleep.
- Ensure that your bedroom is at a cool temperature
- If noise and light bother you, then do ensure that you do have earplugs and sleep mask.
There is a clear relationship mentioned above between insomnia and depression. Following some of the above-mentioned tips can help you deal easily with insomnia and depression.